What are the Community Achievement Awards?
The Rotherham Community Achievement Awards are in their 14th year and recognise the significant work of people and projects in our borough that go that extra mile to support local people and communities and are an opportunity to raise the profile of your group, projects and volunteers. The awards are free to enter; shortlisted nominees and their guests get invited to a free glittering awards ceremony and dinner in November and shortlisted nominees and associated projects all get free publicity before and after the event.
These awards are a great way to raise the profile of the voluntary and community sector and all the good work they do in Rotherham.
Who can I nominate?
There are 3 categories to choose from:
* Volunteer – This award recognises someone in Rotherham who has made an outstanding contribution to people and communities in Rotherham in a voluntary capacity.
* Young Volunteer (Under 25) – This award recognises someone in Rotherham aged under 25, who has made an outstanding contribution to people and communities in Rotherham in a voluntary capacity.
* Project – This award recognises a project in Rotherham that has made an outstanding contribution to people and communities in Rotherham. (Yes you can nominate your own project or group)
What are you looking for in a good nomination?
The judges don’t know your project or volunteer so we need you to tell us:
* what the person/ project does, the type of work, the areas covered and who benefits
* how the person/ project has gone the extra mile, include information about why the project was set up, why the person does what they do, how it differs from other projects or people delivering similar services and what makes the person/ project special
* the impact the person/ project has had, include information about how the person/ project has made a difference, the changes and benefits the person/ project has made, the impact they have had on others and what people say about the person/ project
Last year’s winners can be viewed here.
How can I nominate?
If you would like to nominate an individual or an organisation for an award please fill out a nomination form, hard copy nomination forms are available by contacting Voluntary Action Rotherham 01709 829821, online forms are available to download from www.varotherham.org.uk.
Please complete and return your form to: Community Achievement Awards, Freepost Plus RRYK-GEXC-CEBX, Voluntary Action Rotherham, The Spectrum, Coke Hill, Rotherham S60 2HX by Friday 25th August 2017.
A panel will judge each nomination and choose a winner from each of the 3 categories, the winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony in November.
Where can I get more information?
For more information or to request nomination forms contact either Jan Smirthwaite or Sarah Kelly on 01709 829821 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.varotherham.org.uk